Current scientific project – digital humanities
As a PhD student and participant of the "Digital Humanities" program implemented by the Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology , I conduct my own, innovative research devoted to the usefulness of art and art exhibitions.
I am interested in the special role of contemporary art as a tool for building communities and cultural institutions as platforms for mediating between artists and recipients. In my research work, I combine cultural studies workshop and UX design methodologies.
As a result of my doctoral project, I want to develop a new methodology that allows for multifaceted examination of contemporary art exhibitions and support of the design process.
You can read more about the progress of the project in the entries from the doctoral project category.
Below is a recording of my speech entitled. User Experience of Art Exhibition in the "New Normality". Innovative Methods of Research in Terms of Global Change at The Art Museum in the Digital Age – 2022. International Online Conference organized by the Belveder Museum in Vienna.
Scientific achievements to this day
- With the door open. Głos w sprawie współczesnego kuratorstwa feministyczny., in: Matrix/Macierz, ed. Editors: Anna Chromik, Natalia Giemza, Katarzyna Bojarska, Jagiellonian University Press, 2022
- Cities with a pink triangle. A few remarks about the monuments of homosexual victims of Nazi repression, in Identification of the Holocaust. Historical sketches and cultural practices, ed. M. Gromala, S. Paper, M. Firefly, Krakow 2017.
- Three arguments for the effectiveness of the image on the example of Joanna Rajkowska's project "Born in Berlin" (2012), in: On image and space, ed. K. Wojtczak, University of Gdańsk Press, Gdańsk 2017.
- [tłumaczenie z j. niemieckiego] Arnold Bartezky, Reconstruction as an act of national self-affirmation, "Self-portrait" CONSERVATION / RECONSTRUCTION, No. 2 , Kraków 2016.
- What Misses Mieke Bal. Installation Nothing is Missing, Nieborów 1–5 July 2014, in: Affective histories and politics of memory, edited by Elżbieta Wichrowska, Anna Szczepan-Wojnarska, Roma Sendyka, Ryszard Nycz, IBL, Warsaw 2015.
- Postfeminist travesty. O dziewczyńskich zabawach artystek ostatnich dekady., in: "POLISEMIA", Nr 3/2011 (7), WHERE IS POSTMODERNISM? (I), 2011
Selected conference speeches
- Mark Plaszow as an example of art-based research in the field of Holocaust memory – International conference Genocide Memorialisation: Political Imaginaries and Public Materialisations – University of Gothenburg, Sweden (30.11-1.12.2017)
- Homeless in Polish art after social turn – National conference Traps of the language of representation in art and institutions – Institute of Art of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw (12-13.06.2017)
- Cities with a pink triangle, that is, a niche of memory. How to commemorate the Holocaust? – National Conference Identification of the Holocaust – Jagiellonian University (1-2.12.2016)
- Where is the camp? Art-based intervention and research on the site of the former concentration camp in Kraków-Płaszów – International conference On Jewish Cultural Heritage.Projects, Methods, Inspirations. – POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews (8-10.06.2016)
- Agoraphilia unconsumed. Art in public space in the 80s and 90s and the phenomena of the last decade – National conference Transformations in Polish art after 1989 – Galeria Labirynt in Lublin (12-13.12.2014)
- Body in body with the city. The impact between visuality and corporeality in the context of visual culture studies on the example of Joanna Rajkowska's project Born in Berlin (2012) – II National Congress of Students and Doctoral Students of Art History – University of Gdańsk (paper: (6-9.11.2014)
- Girls just wanna have fun? About girls' games of Polish artists after 2000. – National student-doctoral conference "Girls: riot grrrls, cwaniary, triksterki, rogues" – Zachęta National Gallery of Art and University of Warsaw (08.06.2013)
- Files of the Polish Shoe Company "BATA" from the State Archive in Katowice – research report. – International scientific conference "BATAlia in Chełmek" – Institute of Art History of the UJ, Municipal Centre for Culture and Sport in Chełmek (8.10.2011)